Re: XWin hangs on opening xterms, correspondence with setup hangs ??

Larry Hall (Cygwin X <reply-to-list-only-lh-x <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On 10/11/2005, Norbert Harendt wrote:
> > OK. What i can see, is that calling or running the shell causes the
> > problems in my case. XWin is coming up and running fine, i get the logon
> > screen of the remote server and everything seems to be fine. But if i try
> > to open an xterm on the remote server, XWin seems to hang, no grafical
> > update, nothing happens (with enough patience you can watch this going on
> > forever). When i kill the second XWin.exe suddenly the xterm appears and
> > everything is working fine again, except for the heavy cpu-load, which was
> > not present in my former installation.
>
> Perhaps it makes sense to look at why you have a second XWin running.

OK. I don't know at that time, why there is a second XWin.exe starting. Yes
i also think, that this is the clue to the problem. The start of the
second XWin.exe must happen internally, because the script starting
   XWin -clipboard -lesspointer -query 192.168.1.100 -once
calls XWin.exe only once. At the time of the program call is no other XWin.exe
running. Is there a possibility to view what is happening internally, extended
logging features or somethins else ??