From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of jason cafarelli
Sent: Tue, October 25, 2005 2:30 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: CYGWIN/X11 CRASHES ON BOOT UP - i am not running zone alarm or
any other firewall o.O

Hellos,

I've noticed that if my wireless configuration is
changed by a external program (aka a wireless profile
utlility),  The cygwin/X server locks up.

I read something about the cygwin server not liking
the ip stack changed?

Any work arounds come to mind?

"I only use the x server locally"

*more details
Basically i have a wireless tablet that is
autoconfigured on boot up.  I threw a shortcut to
cygwin/usr/x11r6/bin/startxwin.bat into the windows
startup folder.  The first time you go to use the any
of the cygwin/x functions the c/x stops responding.
After closing the x server then reopening via
startxwin batch file the x server runs perfectly.  The
wirless configuration is configured after cygwin is
loaded.  There are no firewalls, antivirus of any kind
loaded (incuding the xp's firewall and security center).