Mouse pointer disappearing

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I did search, honest. :)

I use XWin all the time on my Windows box, mostly with a bunch of xterms and gvim windows open from machines around the network and the world. I run with Xmouse (from M$'s tweakUI).

The startup string I use in /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat is:

run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error -multiplemonitors -nowinkill

and then I kick off and initial xterm with:

run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e /usr/bin/bash -l

Every so often and I have been unable to find a pattern, the mouse pointer will disappear when over any XWin window. It doesn't matter which kind of cursor should be displayed, I see none, even over the title bar.

The only solution I have found is to close all the windows and close the X Server from the systray. Even the warning window that pops up has no mouse pointer.

Does anyone know what's likely to be causing this? Or how to get the pointer back when it happens without losing my windows? Or do I have something configured wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Cliff.
--
Cliff Stanford
Might Limited                           +44 845 0045 666 (Office)