Re: port existing x windows application to win32

On Nov 10 11:19, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
> >So, I was right (rather than 'disregardable'). And that's from the horse's
> >mouth, so to speak. Which brings back my query: is there a free but not
> >GPL version of the X client libraries for Win32?
>
> rofl
>
> I have a better suggestion: since you don't understand any of the
> issues involved, perhaps you have some fellow employee who can
> understand the difference between cygwin's dll and libraries that
> may be distributed with it.

I'm really wondering what you're up to.  Michel's choice of words might
be a bit unlucky, but it's a fact that his application will become GPL
(or another compatible OSS license of choice), if he links it to the
Cygwin/X client libs.  This is obviously not a result of the X libs
being GPLed, but a result of the fact that the Cygwin/X libs in turn
require to link against the cygwin1.dll, or in other words, linking
against Cygwin/X client libs will make the application a Cygwin
application.

So the question is still valid and was from the beginning, minus choice
of words.

However, this question is obviously off-topic for this list since this
is the Cygwin/X list, not a native Win32 X list.  So please move your
question to another, more appropriate forum, Michel.

Maybe you could start here: http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.