Re: remote Mathematica client does not work properly in Cygwin/X(pointer bug?): solved

Hi

We've recently installed Mathematica 5.2 on our Linux system, and display it
on our Windows PCs running Cingwin/X. On one of the systems we found that
arrow keys didn't work, shift-enter was not doing the proper thing etc. This
was already reported On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, by Liangfeng Sun.

Solution:
Num Lock on that system was on. If you press it, everything works!

Note however that when quiting mathematica, /tmp/Xwin.log contains

winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes)

(I think for every window that was opened).

Hope this helps someone.

Kris Thielemans
Hammersmith Imanet, part of GE Healthcare
London W12 ONN, United Kingdom