Re: Shutting down XWin after session? (-once option)

Dear Boscolio,
do you start on the connected Unix machine a program which goes not into the background or does not finish. I have the same configuration which works well except when I start a program which keeps connected to the terminal. In this case XWin won't shut down untill the remote program is finished.
Alex
http://www.aiengine.org
Boscolio wrote:

I've recently set up my windows machine to open programs off my linux
computer using Cygwin.  I've set up an extremely simple batch file and shell
script so that I can simply click on the batch file and it'll forward a
linux application to my windows machine.

I want to replicate opening a program normally in windows, so I'm using the
-multiwindow option in XWin.

So, after I run a linux application and close it, I want XWin to shut down
as well.  According to the Cygwin documentation, I can use the -once option
so that XWin closes after one session.

I cannot get the -once option to work.  Perhaps I simply don't understand
how to end the session.

If anyone knows of a way I can get XWin to shut down after I close the
window the linux app was running in (whether it be the -once option, or
otherwise) I'd be very grateful.  I'm probably not understanding how -once
works, so perhaps even if you could explain a way to get that option to
work, I could bend it to my own needs.

Thanks a lot.