Re: menu does not come up

Naru Takashima wrote:
startx does open a window; however, I was hoping to open multiple shell in one window.

In the old version of Cygwin/X that I had, if I stated
X, then one large window would come up and then I can
use the menu that came up with a click of a mouse
button to open a shell. Is this no longer possible?

You're thinking of running Xwin in rootless mode with an external window manager -- whichever window manager you had (e.g., openbox). Yes, it's still possible, you just have to specify the right parameters to Xwin.exe in startxwin.bat.