Re: How to run _X_ Session from RH8 via ssh -X?

Brett Serkez wrote:
But now I just realized the obvious: Only X GUIS work and not windows.

Is this correct?

Yes!

I assume I can tunnel rdesktop the same way I tunnel vnc? I guess I'll try
tunneling both vnc and rdesktop  next.

I've heard this works, but have not tried personally. If you get this working, can you post your ssh command with the port(s) you needed to forward?

I used to use the following all the time to access my Windows machine remotely:

ssh -f -L 5901:localhost:5900 -N -C -o Compression=yes -o CompressionLevel=9 <machine name or ip>
vncviewer &

YMMV.

Obviously, you need to make sure that the port ssh is using is open
through any firewall.

None of this is really Cygwin-specific so further discussion on this l
list along this line is really off-topic though.

Holliston, MA 01746