scroll bars on ghostscript ?

Dear All,

Years ago I made a program to preview (postscript jobs) large
posters intended to be printed on HP2500 roll printers.  These
printers are about a yard wide and dozens of feet long.  So to
see a complete image on a normal sized monitor requires some
scaling and/or scrolling.

Since these jobs are postscript I've been using ghostscript to
render the image but so far I've not been able to put scroll
bars on the window.  In some cases I've edited the postscript
to shift the image to areas of interest but that is a bit of
a pain.

Ghostview is a possibility but to control the scaling amongst
other parameters I have had to use some postscript commands
(primarily /HWResolution) that are not passed through.

So the question is:
How can I put scroll bars on a ghostscript X window (driver x11)?
I use twm but whatever method should work with other servers.

Thanks for any advice.

	Jim