Can start some X application, but not others

I've just installed the Cygwin X server on my machine. If I ssh to a remote
Unix machine, I can run xterm and up pops an xterm window on my PC, so the
basic connection to my X server is working. However, some application don't
work. In particular, when I try to run Stata, this is what happens:

bash-2.05b$ xstata&

Job <12607> is submitted to default queue <normal>.
<<Waiting for dispatch ...>>
<<Starting on cn-05>>

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: 128.32.75.151:0.0

Any idea what's wrong? By the way, this is the correct IP address for my
Windows machine.

Thanks a lot.

Richard Stanton