Re: unixkill crashes under cygwin-1.5.20-1 (and cygwin1dll-20060707)

Lester Ingber wrote:
Re: 6.8.99.901-1

I understand that, according to the docs, even under Curr, sometimes an
experimental version of a package can be seen when toggling.  This seems
to be case for 6.8.99.901-1 for the xorg-x11 series.

However, under Curr, I cannot toggle all of the xorg-x11 packages.
Trying to do so keeps switching a few back to 6.8.2.0-4?

If I switch to Exp, then all xorg-x11 packages appear as 6.8.99.901-1,
while of course pulling in some other Exp versions of other packages.
However, the docs are clear that this is not the recommended default,
and when starting setup.exe again, the Curr default will overwrite such
packages if they were selected.

So, what exactly is recommended?

If the crash on exit is a problem for you, install the experimental version
and see how it works for you.  If you do so, you will need to remember to
toggle the experimental packages you updated to "Keep" on all subsequent
invocations of setup.exe until these packages, or later ones containing
the same fix, get promoted to current.  If the crash isn't a problem for you,
just stick with the current version until a new version become current.

Holliston, MA 01746