XWin crash using XDMCP to Fedora Core 5 as root user

I've encountered a very strange crash since upgrading my linux box to FC5. If I connect from my WinXP box using the following command line:

xwin -once -query 192.168.0.7

and login as root, then XWin crashes as Gnome starts up (just before displaying the actual desktop)

but if I login as any other user, it works fine!

Text dumped to bash console on crash is:

winLoadCursor - Windows requires 32x32 cursor
        but X requires 39x26
winProcQueryTree - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
winLoadCursor - Windows requires 32x32 cursor
        but X requires 39x26
      4 [sig] xwin 10540 C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\xwin.exe: *** fatal error -  C:\
cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\xwin.exe: *** called with threadlist_ix -1
Hangup

Anyone else seen this? I have never seen this on any RedHat or Fedora version prior to this.

Conor
p.s. yeah, I know it's very naughty to have XDMCP for root enabled.