Re: problem while starting xserver

Thank You! It took some tweaking to make our scripts work again in our configuration, but the tip worked exactly as described and NO MORE ERROR message.
Thanks again,
Randy

n0 SPAM wrote:
Instead of trying to make XWin.exe acknowledge the -slient-dup-error switch,
have you considered eliminating the need for it to do so.

If you need Cygwin everytime you use your PC, consider the following
solution:

Add C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxwin.bat to the startup menu so that X is
running upon logon.  This assumes that you have declared an environmental
variable 'cygwin' with the value "server".  This also assumes that you ran
the /usr/bin/cygserver-config script by typing " /usr/bin/cygserver-config"
at the command prompt.

Now, drag the xterm shortcut icon down (or rxvt shortcut icon) to the Quick
Launch bar.  With this step your done.

Whenever you log on you have a terminal emulator, and simply clicking on the
xterm icon on the Quick Launch toolbar will give you all the xterm windows
you need without any more errors.