Re: slow paints despite fast hardware

Phlip wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:

In all seriousness, if you really think that your question could be a FAQ,
why wouldn't you start with the Cygwin-X FAQ? For example, the
answer to
your problem may come from the following entry:

Thanks for the derision and RTFM. I already stated I have fast network conductivity, which is all those FAQ entries point out.

Did you even read the FAQ entry I pointed to?  It says nothing about
needing a "fast network".

In my year of experience with GUIs and their hardware (repeated 20
times), I have learned that some programs default to the safest
possible options at install time; options which are perforce slow. So
this makes me think I can find some method to directly specify the
acceleration options, such as server-side caching, or drivers that
work closer to my graphics card. I do not know where to even start
looking for such things.

Again, why should Linux->Win32 be slow when Linux->cloud->Linux is so fast?

I don't know what you mean by "Linux->Win32" but Windows is not Linux and neither is Cygwin.

I've provided you with some pointers on things that you should look into
and consider and follow-up information that you should provide if following
those leads doesn't provide positive results.  You are, of course, free to
ignore any of this info and follow your own instinct.  I can't offer
anything to help you in that regard beyond saying that Cygwin-X is not
configured to be unoptimized at install time (I'm assuming that's what you
mean by "perforce" flow - I really don't get the reference).  If it were
configured to be slow at installation time, then your presumption that this
issue would be a FAQ would, again, be a good one which would be all the more
reason to look to the FAQ for answers.  It would also tend to lead to an
explosion of reports on this list about poor performance, which is not the
case if you take a quick browse of the email archives (though there are
certainly some who have such complaints, thus the FAQ entry - I'm getting
the feeling that all this logic is causing me to loop infinitely. ;-) )

Holliston, MA 01746