Re: listen() failed

Woogon Chung wrote:
Dear all,

How do I resolve the following problem?
I cannot start X Server.
I noticed that an exact question rose about 2
years ago.
Can anyone show us any hint to open my X
Server for Cygwin?

Thanks.
Woogon

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.99.901-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command
line:

X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: listen()
failed
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener:
...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed
to create listener for inet
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix
should be set to root
_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: listen()
failed
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener:
...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed
to create listener for local

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make
sure an X server isn't already running
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in
progress
giving up.
xinit:  Operation not permitted (errno 1):
unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server
error.

Sounds like a firewall/virus scanner issue to me.  Try turning them off
and uninstalling them to see if it makes a difference.  And, as Charli
already mentioned:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746