This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: xterm fails even when DISPLAY is set
- From: "Justin Patrin" <papercrane at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:35:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: xterm fails even when DISPLAY is set
- References: <66CE7F4ACF0C74439F9F6E0A5682930201BCCE2E@INDMAIL.lands.resnet.qg>
- Reply-to: papercrane at reversefold dot com
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 9/1/06, Jeffrey Stephen <Stephen.Jeffrey@nrm.qld.gov.au> wrote:
I have just installed cygwin-1.5.19, and cannot open an xterm.
I start the XWin server and the task manager shows that XWin.exe is
running. When I type "xterm" on the command line nothing happens - no
window appears and no error message is reported. The return status from
the xterm command in 53.
XWin is started as follows:
$ export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
The output is shown below, and also the log file /tmp/XWin.log
When I run xterm, nothing happens:
$ echo $?
DISPLAY needs to be set for the client programs, not for the X server. Try:
$ export DISPLAY=:0
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html