This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Starting XServer
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:05:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: Starting XServer
- Openpgp: url=hkp://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
- References: <000c01c6d277$5ffaa200$0100a8c0@JIREH>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
> I am having trouble starting the cygwin xfree server.
> I was running cygwin in e:/cygwin
> I deleted this via the setup program
> I installed cygwin in c:/cygwin.
> At this stage XServer was working but not bash.
> I went back into setup and reinstalled bash.
> Bash now works.
> XServerver throws up the following log file
> (WW) /tmp mounted int textmode
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
> winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
> I then checked the font path.
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts exists
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID does not exist.
> What do I do to fix this?
What's the output of running "mount -m" ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html