This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Cygwin/X and emacs always hangs..
- From: Angelo Graziosi <Angelo dot Graziosi at roma1 dot infn dot it>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Joe dot Bruce dot PSU at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:23:45 +0200 (MET DST)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X and emacs always hangs..
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Joe Bruce wrote:
> I can only confirm that it affects Windows XP SP2 as well. I have been
> having the same problem (and now wish that I had not upgraded my Cygwin
Have you recently 'rebaseall' the system?
I have had that Emacs hangs after a 'rebaseall'.
The workaround was to reinstall libncurses7 package.
Really, it needs only to reinstall the file : cygncurses7.dll.
So a trick could be to save the non rebased version of cygncurses7.dll and
the recopiyng it in /bin after the rebase.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html