This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
100% core utilization on dual core x64
- From: "aptosca" <aptosca at esseff dot org>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:49:39 -0700
- Subject: 100% core utilization on dual core x64
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
My desktop is a dual core Athlon running Windows XP Pro x64. On a pretty
regular basis, Xwin seems to go into some kind of a tight loop, taking up
100% utilization of one core. I don't always notice when it happens right
away so I'm not sure what is triggering it. I have seen it happen when
pasting from xemacs to windows-native firefox. I've also seen it happen to
xterm, though significantly less frequently. I'd say with X it happens every
day or two. I have to shut down X and restart it.
Never had this happen on a dual processor machine.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html