This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Why don't I get an xterm ??
- From: Charli Li <KBarticle889459 at aim dot com>
- To: Cygwin/X Mailing List <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:55:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Why don't I get an xterm ??
- References: <20060925160033.AZA61002@mail-msgstore02.qut.edu.au>
- Reply-to: Cygwin/X Mailing List <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Mark just had to cough out the following stream of bytes from the
specified email client, on 9/25/2006 2:02 AM:
> I've recently installed cygwin (with ALL of the x11 stuff) and am trying to open up an xterm, though to no success. I get a pile of messages from startXWin.sh (which to my novice eyes are unintelligible, there is something in there about XF86Config and I've tried reading the cygwin docs on this but the discussion is totally beyond me). Despite this when I type in xterm afterwards I get absolutely no response. I've attached the error messages below. Is there further information that you need, or do you have any advice ??
> ps. if it's at all relevant I'm also using a Swiss keyboard.
Try using startxwin.bat, if that helps. These startup files
(startxwin.bat; startxwin.sh; startx) are automatically configured to
open an xterm after the window managers, XWin.exe, and all that other stuff.
Also, try disabling security software, as that can sometimes interfere
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v184.108.40.206 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html