This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Cygwin X fails to start
- From: Aaron <aaron at folmsbee dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:40:38 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin X fails to start
- References: <200609052200.k85LxxYa021597@flpvm23.prodigy.net> <44FF1905.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Michael A. LaBrot <mlabrot <at> hegemony.com> writes:
> I, too, experienced the "could not open default font 'fixed'" problem
> and the FAQ did not help me either. I was able to run X after changing
> the Cygwin "Default Text File Type" from "DOS/text" to "Unix/binary"
> during setup. Consider this a bug report.
Running installer again, selecting 'unix/binary' then reinstalling all fonts
fixed this for me. Just changing to unix/binary didn't do the trick, needed to
reinstall fonts after that as well.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html