This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Fwd: windows patch breaks cygwin/x
- From: B52 <net61b at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:08:36 +0800
- Subject: Fwd: windows patch breaks cygwin/x
- References: <451D87A6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 9/30/06, Gerhard Gonter <gg AT urxn.at> wrote:
after installing the windows patch for ms06-055 , Cygwin/X didn't
start anymore. After removing that patch, Cygwin/X worked again. The
text on the M$ page doesn't explain what the patch does, but the patch
is clearly b0rked.
I have KB925486 installed on my XP also but my Cygwin/X seems to work fine...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html