Re: xterm with Log to File feature?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Gary Johnson wrote:

I was wondering if there was a way to enable xterm's Log to File
feature with Cygwin's xterm.  I've read the previous thread on this
topic, "need xterm to log to a file",
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-12/msg00083.html,
including Thomas Dickey's fix and statement that he would include
the fix in xterm-198.  "xterm -version" says:

Cygwin 6.8.2.0(202)

so the fix should be there, but the feature may not be enabled. So

it might be (I don't have the history at hand, but see similar code in that function, for the case where xterm is not running setuid/setgid).

is there a way to enable it in some Cygwin xterm binary, or do I
need to download the source and build it myself?

probably - iirc, logging is a configure script option, and if the packager didn't select it, that's not included.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net