Re: rxvt-20050409-4 compilation issues

Jason Curl wrote:
Hello all,

I'm having compilation issues with RXVT-20050409-4, after following instructions in the "/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/rxvt-20050409.README" file.

In particular I'm doing:
  cygport ./rxvt-20050409-X.cygport all

and it appears to fail because the "xpm.h" libraries don't exist. I checked the "W11" directory, and sure enough it isn't there.

That's because the rxvt cygport file has this:

src_prep_init_hook() {
        cd ${SRC_DIR}
        apply_patch ${origsrcdir}/${PN}-import-xpm.patch
}

But the official cygport has not yet integrated my patches that enable this bit of magic to work. You need a modified cygport...this is true of a lot of my packages, unfortunately. I needed facilities that were not present in cygport, so I added 'em and posted my cygport patches (7 or 8 of them, at last count) to the mailing list. However, Yaakov is quite busy at the moment (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2006-q4/msg00159.html) so rather than delay my packages until the cygport changes were integrated, I released them anyway.

But you can't build them without the update cygport. This particular .cygport requires the patch posted here:

patch #1

--
Chuck