uxterm

Dear All,

I am using Cygwin for a short time so I apologise in advance if my question is a simple one. I have my .bashrc file set to my Unix, where checks are made whether it is my Unix terminal that is running or the cygwin one. When I request a new xterm, despite having the following command to set the term to xterm eval `/usr/bin/tset -s ?xterm` I get Unknow type:uxterm. Also, sometimes it brings up commands that are not in my .bashrc file.

Could you please let me know why this is happening or what it might be related to?

Thanks in advance.

Christos