frame title issue

I've been using xhost for a while, but wanted to avoid modifying startwinx.bat
everytime I needed a new machine.  So I switched to xauth... and had it all
working.

However, using xauth, the title on my apps (specifically GNU/Emacs) show only
"Cygwin/X".  If I switch back to using xhost, then the title is correctly set to
the machine name from which I launched emacs.

It's not obvious to me how the authorization scheme ties into the display of
title.  In addition to the title not displaying properly, the frame sometimes
hangs for 5-10 seconds before it's usable.

I've gone back to xhost for now, but I'd like to use xauth if anyone can shed
light on what I may be missing... perhaps in the configuration.

Thanks.