From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Holger Krull
Sent: Thursday, 26. April 2007 9:08 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: FW: Wide char support on cygwin

Arthi N (RBIN/ECM2) schrieb:
> Is MINGW32 different from cygwin?

Yes. If you use mingw you are not using the cygwin dlls at all.
Maybe you should read the descriptions of both projects to decide which
 you want to use. If you want to port software from unix i think using
cygwin is easier (that means don't use -mnocygwin)

> Since we are not used to this
> environment I am not that familiar with all this.
>
> If I want to compile and link an application that has wchar and
wostream
> operations what should I do?

Include the needed header files. There should be no problem as both are
standard C++ Library functions if i remember right.