Re: Drag N Drop in Windows XP

Drag and Drog is governed by the window manager, so how did you start
Xwin and your java application?

I use the standard startxwin.bat to start Cygwin X Server. I believe it is "%RUN% XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error" by default. Then I telnet into my Linux box. From there, I launch my java app which is Swing-based. The java app is then open in a different window. The app is working perfect in all aspects except for Drag-N-Drop.

Drag and Drop is working here with that setup. Which application do you use? (i tested with azureus and java 1.6, don't know if it uses swing)

Maybe try -rootless instead of -multiwindow for a test.

ok, I figure out how to make this work. I have to use either fullscreen or rootless to start the XWin, then I also have to run twm. After that, drag-n-drop works. Thanks for your help