Cygwin-X and Putty - Quick Copy and Paste

Dear All,

I regularly use the X server that comes with Cygwin and putty to
remotely connect to Unix/Linux boxes.  A few days ago, I noticed that
when trying to do a quick copy (Select and paste) from a Remote
X-window to the Putty Shell window, Xwin (started with multiwindow and
clipboard command line options) displays this error message and the
paste operation is not performed (Putty also hangs for a few seconds):

winProcessXEventsTimeout - Call to select () failed: 0. Bailing.
winProcessXEventsTimeout - Call to select () failed: 0. Bailing.
winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - XConvertSelection ()
failed for CompoundText, aborting: 1
winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - XConvertSelection ()
failed for CompoundText, aborting: 1
winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - XConvertSelection ()
failed for UTF8String, aborting: 1
winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - XConvertSelection ()
failed for UTF8String, aborting: 1

The funny thing is that I open up the same application (nedit) locally
and I can perform a quick copy/paste into the Putty terminal emulation
window just fine.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so, any ideas on what
is causing this issue? By the way, Xming also seems to suffer from the
same problem.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Taha Amiralli