Re: XWin Multiwindow fails to start

Nick Douma schrieb:
> No one who has any suggestions... ?

Not for your main problem. Just the general idea that sometimes deleting and reinstalling helps to solve strange problems.

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 11:38:33AM +0200, Nick Douma wrote:
>> I'm using the latest version of Cygwin, and Xwin 6.8.99.901-4. Whenever I try to run X with `startx` or startx
>> scripts, it fails. If I run it directly with `X :0` it works fine (so it appears), but when I run it with `X :0
>> -multiwindow` it fails with the following log:
>>
>> Also, when I run it with the `X :0` command, the DISPLAY var is not set, and xterm does not start up
>> automatically.

That is no surprise, the DISPLAY variable doesn't set itself, you need a script to do that. The same with the starting of xterm, if you just start the X11 server, it will not start an xterm.