Re: xterm not accepting Window Title name changes

Problem solved. There was an apparent race condition between the start of the XWin server and the startup of the xterm command. Just by adding a 2 second sleep after starting XWin, I have no problem being able to set the window title thru an escape sequence.

Guess that is what you get for having a super-fast machine. :)
Paul McFerrin wrote:
I can't seem to get xterm to recognize Window Title name changes via the
following:

echo "\0332;new_title\07\c"