Re: Can start xeyes but not xclock

Michael Defoin Platel wrote:
Hi,
I just installed a cygwin/x environment on a mahcine with XP running.

Everything seems to be okay. The X server starts smoothly and I can
run some programs such as xeyes, xemacs or display.
However  some others such as xterm, xclock, xload fail without any
error message.

For example:

xterm

echo $?
53

The TERM variable is set to cygwin and DISPLAY to localhost:0.0

Does anybody get what's going on ?

# net helpmsg 53

The network path was not found.

This means one of the DLLs the failing application needs can't be found.
'cygcheck xterm' will give you a list of DLLs required and complain about
those that are missing.  Make sure the packages with the missing DLLs are
are installed.  Repeat for other apps.

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746