Re: Using XWin.exe to connect to a linux X Server

Hmmm... I will check that out. Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erich Dollansky" <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: Using XWin.exe to connect to a linux X Server

Hi,

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

Not to leave you hanging, the problem was the xdmcp was not enabled. But there is another problem, which has nothing to do with cygwin. Somehow, my userID has something weird. Other co-workers are connecting fine, but my user ID is not working from any machine. They can login from my cygwin setup with their logonID without any problem, but my userID just does not work. From my setup and their setup.

have you checked to what DISPLAY is set for your user ID on the Linux box?

If it is set to local host, I expect what you are getting.

Erich