Re: Problems using startxwin.bat

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote on Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:30 PM::

> [...]
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please don't feed the spammers:
    <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>

   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ditto

> Enviado el: miércoles, 06 de febrero de 2008 18:19
> Para: cygwin-xfree@XXXXXX.XXX
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ditto

You appear to be using Outlook or Outlook Express, so you should
investigate using Outlook-Quotefix if you use Outlook:
 http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/
or OE-Quotefix if you use Outlook Express:

> Asunto: Re: Problems using startxwin.bat
>

> There have been similar posts in the past about how to set up for
> multiple users.  Since I don't have that setup, I can only offer a
> couple vague suggestions, including that you search again for those
> posts.
>
> You seem to be on the right track that the problem is access to these
> files and directories in /tmp.  If the files are there owned by you,
> another user can't come along and overwrite them.  I believe some of
> the suggestions in the past included things like making sure this
> stuff gets cleaned up in /tmp and/or giving each user their own /tmp
> ($TMP or $TEMP).
>

> Good ideas.
>
> Regards

Just to clarify, the suggested workaround was actually to make /tmp
a user-specific mount - i.e. each X user would need to do something
like:

mount -u -b "$USERPROFILE/Local Settings/Temp" /tmp