X is not starting

Hi,

I had everything perfectly working with "startx :0" until I decided that
I needed to emulate a 3-button mouse. Since I didn't find such option in
the startx script, I set it up in the starxwin.bat which I never used
before. So when I startxwin it will open whatever application I can
invoke from the command line but it doesn't give me a separate layer
such as the one I was getting with startx in which I could click with
the mouse, etc. So I tried to go back to startx but now it closes off,
so I don't know why I cannot go back to what I was doing before. I
deleted /tmp/.X11-unix to no avail. I assume that there should be
another persistent file that was modified when I invoked startxwin which
is not letting startx work properly. Below you'll find
the /tmp/XWin.log.

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel