Re: How to start up X directly, in a startx-like manner?

Robert Latest schrieb:

I like to use cygwin in a self-contained, maximized window in which my
window manager runs (fvwm). Currently I start this by first opening a
bash shell and then typeng "startx", which then reads my .xinitrc and
does what I want.

However, I'd like this to happen on a single click. I found
"startxwin.bat", but that just puts X-like windows on top of the
normal Windows desktop. It doesn't create the "cover-all" Windows
window with X inside. I played with the "-fullscreen" option inside
startxwin.bat, but at any rate, startxwin.bat doesn't honor my
.xinitrc

Maybe putting: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c -l 'run bash -c -l "Xwin.exe :0 & export DISPLAY=:0.0; xterm; fvwm2 &" in an Icon does what you want.