RE: unable to configure mpich2 in xterm - worked fine in non-X cygwin terminal

Anderson, Carl wrote on Monday, May 05, 2008 5:46 PM::

> I recently tried to configure and make mpich2 for a parallel
> programming class.  I was working from an xterm window running bash.
> The configure script would hang on certain checks.  Another student
> had the exact same problem on his machine too.
>
> We discovered that we could configure and build the exact same
> sources from the standard non-X11 cygwin terminal.

This almost certainly has nothing to do with X, so it's really OT
here.

My WAG is that your makefile invokes a native windows program at
some point, and that program doesn't understand cygwin's ptys.
I suggest searching the archives for the main cygwin list where
you'll find similar questions have been asked (and answered) many
times before.

Phil
This email has been scanned by Ascribe PLC using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.