Re: Hello

Hi John,

I suppose you are trying an install from localdirectory. Because you
didn't download the X11-packages (because you used only the
default-option only defaultz packages were downloaded).
Why not reading the Installation-Howo?
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-x-installing.html

Marco

John Emmas schrieb:
Subject: Re: Hello

Rerun http://cygwin.com/setup.exe, keep hitting Next, and when it gets to
the "Select Packages" screen, maximimize the screen and you'll see an
"X11" category on the bottom. You can either install everything by
clicking once on the "Default" next to the X11 or you can click on the
plus to see the available packages and install the packages
individually.

Thanks Christopher,

When I first installed, I left everything set at 'Default'. Now I've re-run
the setup program and I navigated to that screen with X11 at the bottom.
The categories all have a little + sign and if I click it, they expand and
give various sub-options. But if I click the + sign for 'X11' there are no
sub-options. The only thing I can do with the X11 branch is change it from
'Default' to 'Install'. However, that makes no difference to the installed
file count. This makes me suspect that X11 is probably already installed.
Is there a way to check?

Thanks,

John