Can anyone help with a multiple monitor system?

I have a dual-head (twin monitor) setup using a Matrox Millenium G400
graphics card.  I've been using this successfully for many years under both
Windows and Linux (64Studio).

Using GTK, I've built a myself a small "Hello World" type app.  It's just a
simple GTK dialog box with a label saying "Hello World" and a 'Close'
button.  If I build it under GNU GCC and run it under Linux it runs fine.
However, if I re-boot into Windows and build it under Cygwin, it only
displays properly on my left-hand monitor.  If I drag the dialog box to my
right-hand monitor, the dialog gets displayed - but not its contents.

I'm starting my X server by running startxwin.bat which can be found in
c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin.  I've already taken a look within startxwin.bat and
I noticed that it offers various command-line switches to Xwin.  One of
these is '-multiplemonitors' which I thought might help.  I modified
startxwin.bat to add this as an extra parameter when starting Xwin but it
didn't make any difference.  Can anyone suggest anything else I could try?

Thanks,

John