This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: XWin Server starting everything offscreen
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 01:43:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: XWin Server starting everything offscreen
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Uh Huh wrote:
> Mark A. Ziesemer wrote:
>> Additionally, items like the taskbar on the primary monitor cause an
>> equal void to appear on the secondary monitor, as it is just one
>> continuous area that must fit on both screens.
> I see that too; I had thought that particular behaviour might be an
> artefact of monitors of a dissimilar resolution. Apparently not.
I think what you are seeing here is the fact that an X screen must be rectangular.
In -multi(ple)monitors mode, the entire Windows display area is presented as a
single X screen.
In default (windowed) mode the X server runs in the largest window that will
fit on your Windows desktop
A rectangle which doesn't cover the taskbar on one monitor can't cover the
matching area on an adjacent monitor.
Or have I misunderstood what you are describing?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html