Re: Connecting to an XServer with XWin

You know, as it so happens, I've been tracking down a solution to a
similar problem I just started experiencing today. In my case though,
I just upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10, and I'm trying to connect
to a Solaris 10 box. I can connect, and certain applications work
just fine, but a couple (in particular running a Java app withing
Firefox 2.x), as soon as a type anything in a form field, Firefox
crashes hard with XKEYBOARD resource errors. Based on what I've
found today, the problem looks like it might be an X configuration
error on the Solaris side, and it relates to Xorg versioning issues.
Specifically, my Solaris 10 installation is using older versions
of Xorg-related files; the new version of Ubunutu and, I gather, of
the Cygwin/X server use new Xorg files.

I'm in the process of applying a bunch of update patches to my
Solaris box. In particular, patch 119059-45 was identified on We'll
see if it works.

Anyway, don't know if this might be any help to you.