Re: X11 apps failing after upgrade

James Ferguson wrote:
But anyway, when my Emacs fails, it does not trigger the breakpoint.  My
xterm gave me a BadAlloc, but the Solaris patch fixed that.

My instructions were really aimed at investigating the XkbSetNamedIndicator problem, and the report that installing the Solaris patches made no difference to that. Sorry for not making that clearer.

My GNU
Emacs gives me:

----
  $ emacs
X protocol error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) on protocol request
20
Fatal error (6)Abort (core dumped)
----

This happens almost immediately.  The Emacs call stack is below.  Is
there another breakpoint I should try in the X server?

Urk. Looking at the backtrace, the failure is occurring in XIM initialization. That looks really complex :(

If you're building emacs yourself, you might try to ./configure it
--without-xim to see if that makes a difference, or if it just fails
in a different place.