Re: X11 apps failing after upgrade

>> If you use my pre-built binary you only need to have the cygwin source package installed and cygwin prep'ed, you don't need all of it's build dependencies as well.

Jon, the probem is that xorg-server-1.5.3-4/build/hw/xwin/.libs does
not exist because of the build failure I sent you privately.  More
accurately the build driectory is created but is empty.  If I put the
Xwin binary in the build directory will it still find all the sources?

>> One question I should have asked: do X clients running locally (i.e. on the windows computer running the X server) work correctly or not?

Except for nedit (I didn't rebuild it), all other clients (emacs,
gvim, xterm) appear to work fine from the local machine.  Furthermore,
remote xterm clients and other X clients work fine from a remote linux
machine (fedora 2.6.26.6-49.fc8)

Kindest regards
Richard