Re: Updated: nedit-5.5-4

[Oops - posted this via Usenet, and something ate my attachments]

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 09:15:44AM +0000, David Monksfield wrote:
> >Since the X server update, some NEdit windows won't resize any more.
> >I can't grab a corner, and the 'Resize' option in the window menu is greyed-out.
[...]
> >Any idea how I can diagnose the problem?
>
> Start here:
> >Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Thanks Christopher. I'll try again...

Some NEdit windows won't resize.  I can't grab a corner, and the 'Size' option in
the window menu is greyed-out. Resizing did work prior to the X11R7.4 update.

I've attached my .Xdefaults and the XWin logfile as well as cygcheck output.

X server started with the following command:
    XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error &

To repeat:
    From the nedit menu bar...
    Preferences->Default Settings->Custimize Menus->Shell Menu...

    Fill-in the form as follows:
        Menu Entry = foo
        Command input = none
        Command Output = dialog
        Shell Command = ls -l

    Click 'OK'

    Then select the new shell menu item:

    Shell->foo

    The resulting dialog has corners that cannot be grabbed,
    and its (top-left) window manager menu has 'Size' greyed-out.