PSPP and Cygwin/X

Dear sir/madam,
I'm trying to install PSPP on my Windows XP (Home edition) computer, but it's not
working.  I used files from   http://pspp.awardspace.com/
and it includes Cygwin.  When I run PSPP, it gives this error message:

A fatal error has occurred and Cygwin/X will now exit.
Please open /tmp/XWin.log for more information.

Vendor:  The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.99.9901-4
Contact:  cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
XWin was started with the following command-line:

/cygrdive/c/Cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin/XWIN -multiwindow -clipboard
-silent-dup-error

Please can you advise me how to get Cygwin (and hence PSPP) to work?  I want to
usee it to make available data files from household survey I commissioned in poor
countries.

Best wishes
                      John Simister.

--