XWarpPointer doesn't respond with in multiwindow mode

I have an application that uses XWarpPointer to relocate the cursor on the screen. I recognize that this is not recommended protocol but it is very useful for this application.

If cygwin X is started without the -multiwindow option, cursor warping works as expected. However, if the -multiwindow option is included, it seems that all calls to XWarpPointer are ignored. Maybe I am doing something wrong on startup or there is an alternate way to warp the cursor.

I saw that there was some early references to this problem related to positioning the cursor on startup
(http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-05/msg00443.html) but no apparent resolution. If possible, I would like to see the XWarpPointer function work as documented for any windowing configuration.

Thanks.