X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

I recently updated my Cygwin installation and I'm facing a strange problem now.
I use Cygwin (Xwin X Server release on Windows XP to work on a fully patched Solaris 9 workstation.
When I try to run VNC on the Solaris workstation, it pops up the VNC authentication dialog as it should, but as soon as I start writing the password in it, VNC fails and I get this message:

 CConn:       connected to host remotepc port 5900
 CConnection: Server supports RFB protocol version 3.7
 CConnection: Using RFB protocol version 3.7
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (XKEYBOARD)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  16 (XkbSetNamedIndicator)
  Serial number of failed request:  365

If I work locally on the Solaris box, this doesn't happen. If I try the same on a XP machine, where I have an older installation of Cygwin (Xwin X Server release I get no problems. So I think the problem is in Cygwin.
I tried to find a solution digging in Google and forums, a found a similar issue described in and, but the suggested solution (apply patch 112785-64 on the Solaris box) doesn't solve the issue.
Thanks for any help or suggestion.