Saving all xterm output to a file

I am trying to automate a simulation process, and part of this involves
capturing the output that is written to an xterm window when a particular
process is run. I thought that I had this figured out using the following
command:

./run 1 Joiner default > results.dat

"run" is the program that I am running and want to catch the output of. 1,
"Joiner," and "default" are parameters needed by that program. "results.dat"
is the file that I want the output written to. It was working alright, but
then I realized that it wasn't getting all the output that ought to be
there. Now, it has progressed to the point that I'm not getting any of the
printout statements at all - they don't appear in the xterm window or in the
file.

What do I need to do to get this to work? Thanks very much for your help.

Andrew Bouchard