Re: Trouble compiling xorg-server-1.5.3-6

Jared Silva wrote:
Jon TURNEY wrote:
You need to install the 'libGL-devel' package

My apologies, I was following /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/xorg-server-1.5.3.README rather than the web.

I do not have all of the required packages installed, but I cannot
even find some of them (libgetaddrinfo-devel).

Ah, that would be my mistake, I think. libgetaddrinfo only exists in cygwin ports. Hmm.... now I need to go and check why I thought that was required...

> That said, I do not
want to blindly install everything I can find (flex, git,
minires-devel), so could you please direct me to the packages that
solve the latest problem?

No package 'videoproto' found
No package 'xineramaproto' found

Those packages are not available for cygwin, because those X server extensions don't do anything useful (at least at the moment, in the Xinerama case)

The X server should be ./configure'd with --disable-xinerama --disable-xv, which is what the .cygport file should be doing for you.