Re: Bug in "startXwin.bat"

Linda Walsh wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
Linda Walsh wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
Linda Walsh wrote:
The startxwin.sh script works, but startxwin.bat does not work if
your Cygwin installation isn't in the default location.

You could use "mount -p" (presuming your cygwin\bin is in your windows path, as mine is).

If not, need to look in the registry:
"\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\cygdrive prefix"

No, you don't need to look in the registry. There's nothing there that 'mount' won't tell you. Forget about the registry. You'll be better off, especially when Cygwin 1.7 is released.
-----
    Um...you sure about that?

how do you run 'mount' if you don't know what the cygdrive prefix is?

Linda, please don't run the same thread on two different lists. If you want to talk about this here, kill the thread that you started on the main list.

Larry -- The reason I changed forums was that the TOPIC/SUBJECT changed.

This is perfectly reasonable, except you kept both threads running.

    It went from my finding a bug in the Cygwin Xserver's
startxwin.bat script (something appropriate for the cygwin-xfree list)
to a more general question of how one would solve the problem
of finding the cygwin prefix in a windows batchfile.

Actually, that's not the question you asked, though I'll concede that this is what you meant to ask. And I answered that on the main list. For completeness, I'll paraphrase it here - there's no good way.

    Just because you can't answer the question without circular
logic is no reason to get upset.

While other statements of yours have been understandable, even if they were in error, this one makes no sense so I won't respond to it.

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746